EXCERPT: DOCTOR’S FORBIDDEN MATCH by @sharonwoodsauthor releasing August 28th!
#PreOrderNow
https://bit.ly/
“I can’t—” His voice breaks. “I could lose my license. I could lose everything.”
“I know.” I try to sound understanding, like I’m okay with this, even though every nerve in my body is screaming for him to stay close. “I know what you’re risking. I would never—”
His gaze roams my face, like he’s trying to memorize it. When he finally meets my eyes again, his expression is filled with something I’ve seen many times before: in the exam room when his fingers lingered for too long while checking my ankle, in the kitchen when he insisted on cooking for me, in the hallway when he thought I wasn’t looking.
Something I’d mistaken for professional concern. But now, with his body pressed against mine and his breathing ragged, I understand it was always something else entirely. Something he’d been fighting to hide, fighting to deny, fighting to remain ethical about.
Lost in my own head, I almost miss the moment he cracks. The exact second when he growls, “Fuck it. Fuck everything.”
And then his mouth is on mine.
I freeze for a heartbeat, my brain struggling to catch up with the reality of what’s happening. But then it registers… Zac is kissing me. My doctor is kissing me. And I melt into him like I’ve been waiting for this moment.
One of his hands moves to my waist, gripping tight, while the other slides up along my hair to cup the back of my head. He tugs me toward him with both hands, pulling me impossibly closer, and I go willingly. This is wrong. This violates every ethical code. And I don’t care. Not one bit.
#sharonwoods #medicalromance @theauthor.agency
No comments:
Post a Comment