Friday, September 18, 2026

Excerpt Reveal: At First Catch


✨EXCERPT: AT FIRST CATCH by @renee_harless releasing September 23rd! 


#PreOrderHere 

https://mybook.to/atfirstcatch 


Five minutes later, I’m climbing the lighthouse steps carrying both coffees and trying not to acknowledge that my pulse has quickened.

The bell above the bookstore door jingles, and my eyes find Hadley near the back shelves. Like they were always going to.

I cross the distance between us and hold out a coffee.

“Peace offering.”

Her eyes narrow. “What did you do?”

“Interesting that you assume I’ve done something.”

“Nolan.”

“Drink your coffee.”

She takes it suspiciously, turning the cup to read the order.

“How do you know my coffee order?”

“Research.”

“You asked Walter.”

“Walter is a respected source of local information.”

“Walter can be bought with baked goods.”

“That’s between Walter and his conscience.”

A giggle slips out of her.

From behind the register, Bailey looks up. “For the record, Walter would’ve told him for free.”

Hadley groans. “Whose side are you on?”

“Romance,” Bailey says. “Always romance.”

I take a drink to hide my smile. Hadley catches it anyway.

Her expression turns thoughtful. “I’ve been thinking about something.”

“Yeah?”

She studies her cup. “I feel like we’re always...almost.”

I go still.

“We’re always getting interrupted.”

She’s right. The barn. The marina. The dock. Every conversation that stopped one sentence too early.

Hadley finally looks up.

“I don’t mean just kissing.”

My chest tightens.

“Every time it feels like we’re about to be more, something happens.”

She gives me the smallest smile.

“I’m just...” She shrugs. “...tired of almost.”


#smalltownromance #reneeharless #spicyromance @theauthor.agency

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaser : Pride, Prejudice and Pledging

🌟🌟OUT NOW!!🌟🌟 Love your romance with a dash of Austen-inspired yearning? Listen to Pride, Prejudice and Pledging available on audiobook ...