✨EXCERPT: TWISTED LITTLE GAME by @raleighruebins releasing September 24th!
#PreOrderNow
"Get in the car."
Roman's accent comes out as he says it. Sometimes his Russian influence sounds strong, and other times it’s barely audible. While his mind is occupied with other things, he’s less capable of holding his standard American accent.
I have no idea where Roman is taking me next.
I look over at him in the driver's side seat. “Did you grow up in Russia?" I ask him. "I like your accent, when it comes out.”
He turns the key in the ignition and the car’s engine roars to life.
“You like my tattoos... my car... my accent. My size.”
I raise an eyebrow. “Never said I liked your size.”
“Mm. But you do.”
He grips the wheel as he reverses the car, looking at the rearview mirror.
Christ, he’s so hot.
The muscles of his forearm are prominent beneath the dark lines of his tattoos. Most of them are abstract, just looping lines or patterns on his skin, but I can make out a few small birds, a coin, and a date written in numerals.
He pulls out onto the road, gripping the steering wheel harder, but he says nothing as he eases the car onto the cobbled street that leads out of campus.
I look closely at his hands under the passing shadows, and I notice scars along many of his fingers. A couple of them have tattoos inked over them that only accentuate the raised skin of the scarring. He makes a left turn and his thick torso turns a little with the movement. Why does he have so many scars?
I just took Roman’s word that he was hired to protect me. For all I know, he could have been lying.
He could be kidnapping me as we speak.
#raleighruebins #mmromance @theauthor.agency
No comments:
Post a Comment