#PreOrderHere
“Hi,” I whisper.
“Hi beautiful,” he murmurs back. His eyes flick over my face like he’s taking me in. “You were working out?”
“If you can call what I did working out, sure.”
He smiles. “You don’t have to do that, you know.”
“Do what?”
“Try to be something you’re not.”
“I just…” I trail off, staring at the drawstring of his hoodie. “Sometimes I don’t get it.”
“Get what?”
“You,” I admit. “Why would you look at me when you could have any girl you wanted?”
He frowns. “Why wouldn’t I look at you?”
“Because you’re… you. And I’m just… me.”
His hands move from the wall to my waist, firm and grounding.
“Odelia…” he says quietly. “If only you could see yourself the way I see you.”
I look up at him. “How do you see me?”
“Since the first night you walked into our house I thought you were the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. You walk into a room and make it feel lighter. You care about things that actually matter. You make the house a home rather than a locker room. And these curves? This beautiful brown hair and these plump lips? Holy hell, even in my wildest imagination I couldn’t dream up a woman like you.”
My throat tightens.
“I don’t need you to be whatever you’re trying to be,” he adds. “I need you to be you. Because you’re already so fucking perfect.”
#comingsoon #tlakermann #footballromance @theauthor.agency
No comments:
Post a Comment