They didn't just save her. They awakened something untamed. And once it's unleashed...
nothing will survive it.
Get your first inside look at Untamed Bonds, the all-new why choose dark omegaverse romance, and book one in the brand new Untamed Trilogy by debut author Sadie Owens! Save the date for August 21st!
Pre-order your copy today → https://a.co/d/02plHT2S
Add Untamed Bonds to Goodreads → https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/254585858-untamed-bonds?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=QsUYYLleSn&rank=1
Influencers, sign up for the promotional tour here → https://airtable.com/app4GlTDeohpr2Y8x/shrPl9ApemoKzt2ol
The words nearly broke me.
Because I knew what he wanted to say. I could feel it in him. Stay. Don’t do this. Let me protect you. Let me tear the world apart before you tear yourself away from us.
But that was not what he said.
He gave me the choice.
So I stepped into him.
Just one step.
Close enough that the bond warmed immediately, low and aching, recognizing the distance closing and wanting more. I placed my hand against the center of his chest, over the steady, powerful beat beneath his shirt.
He didn’t move.
Barely breathed.
I rose on my toes and pressed my mouth to his.
It wasn’t desperate.
It wasn’t hard.
It wasn’t the kind of kiss that asked for anything more than the moment it existed inside.
It was soft. Small. Almost trembling. My first choice given to him with my whole body shaking around it.“Ward made a sound low in his throat, more pain than hunger, more restraint than need. His hands lifted, stopped before touching me, then settled carefully at my sides only when I leaned into him enough to make permission clear. Even then, he held me like I might vanish if he closed his hands too tightly.
The kiss lasted only a few seconds.
It felt like a promise I had no right to make and no strength to take back.
When I pulled away, his forehead almost followed mine.
Almost.
But he stopped himself.
“I’m not letting you disappear,” he said, voice rough.
“I know.”
“You come back.”
I closed my eyes.
The bond ached.
“I’ll try.”
No comments:
Post a Comment