Friday, August 7, 2026

Excerpt: Whiskey Proposal


EXCERPTWHISKEY PROPOSAL by @walker_rose_books releasing August 14th!

#PreOrderHere  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GX32CR6C 


 “Wait.” Emerson holds up a hand. “Does that mean Hutch expected me to live here too?”

I grind my molars together. Acid reaches my throat and dread fills my gut.

“Yes, and . . .” The paper in Zack’s hands shakes. He draws in a fortifying breath. Brooks turns back around, and Emerson takes another step closer to the lawyer. They sense the impending doom. Zack clears his throat and wets his bottom lip. “You’d have to be married.”

Emerson barks out a laugh so loud it startles Ethel. Hillary has to put her catch down or get wacked in the face by Ethel’s wings. “That’s not happening. I’m not married, and I’m not just grabbing some guy off the street so I can have this shithole.”

Regret crosses Zack’s face, and not for the first time, I wish I could’ve talked sense into Hutch.

“You can’t just marry anyone,” Zack says weakly. “He had someone specific in mind.”

Emerson screws her face up. “Who?”

Zack flicks his gaze up to me. The poor guy has been through enough. I’ll take this one. “Me.” 

#walkerrose #smalltownromance #cowboyromance @theauthor.agency


No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost : Every Single Second

✨Did you see?✨ EVERY SINGLE SECOND by @authors.j.chaynie is available NOW! Grab it in KU!   #OneClickNow https://a.co/d/0fmN20qk   Why you n...