#PreOrderHere : https://a.co/
The bars glide open, I pull a wad of bills from my orange jumper, sliding it into the officer's hand.
“Thanks Emilio.” I give him a slight nod.
“Whatever the Demon Boys want, they get.” Emilio holds up the bills, then shoves them into his pocket. “Just try not to be so messy next time, you know, it’s kind of a lot to pick up the pieces.” With that, Emilio turns on his heels and starts whistling as he walks away.
It’s time to fuck some shit up. A grin appears across my face. ‘I don’t think this is ever gonna get old.’ I get goosebumps thinking about all the things I can get away with. The pull we have on people is exhilarating. Just a little bit of money, and I can get away with pretty much anything. If you want to talk back to me, if you want to do one of us wrong, you will pay. Whether it’s with money, or something else. You. Will. Pay.
Just like Johnny boy over here, thinking he could pull a fast one on us. My stride lengthens, carefully pulling out the blade hidden in my sleeve. No one runs from us and gets away; I find it hilarious because they always think they will. We’ve only ever had one person get away from us, and that shit still stings a bit.
The buzz of the cell alarm rings out behind me, the door shuts and locks. “Well… Well… Well, Johnny, my man. Nice to see you again.” Johnny’s face pales as if he’s seen a ghost. “Didn’t expect me?” I ask, then breathe onto the blade, wiping it clean with my orange sleeve.
Johnny's head starts shaking, and he huddles in the corner. “You're not supposed to be in here. You can’t be in here,” he starts to mumble to himself.
“Oh, you see Johnny, I can, and will,” I raise my voice, “do as I mother fuckin please.” With a swift flick of my wrist, I slit Johnny's throat, silencing his mumbling, and walk away.
#comingsoon #melissaraylene #
No comments:
Post a Comment